locked
OWA stopped working on Blackberry since upgraded to Exchange 2007 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi Guys...

    I have tried and looked everywhere for this not not been able to solve this. So last month we upgraded our exchange from 2003 to 2007 and since then OWA stopped working on blackberry. It does work fine on remote computer. Just not the Blackberry. It used to work fine with Exchange 2003.

    I read somewhere that with Exchange 2007 having it's own mobile device features which is based on Windows Mobile OS they have stopped supporting Blackberry. But I am not sure if that it true or if it has any merits.

    So without OWA, my next option is to enable POP3 on my server which I did but it has it's own problems. Now when the emails come to my phone it mark them as "Read" on my outlook which is an issue for some users in office.

    Any help in this regard be very appreciated...
    Thanks
    Raj

    Monday, October 11, 2010 2:57 PM

Answers

  • The Blackberry probably used OMA which is a plain text version of OWA on Exchange 2003. That has gone.
    All you could have been using BIS, which basically did a screen scrape of OWA, which is also problematic.

    The simple solution is to deploy BES Express. It is free, and does not require the Blackberry tariff is changed. That doesn't require POP3 to be enabled either and will allow you to use the full functionality of the Blackberry devices.

    Simon.


    Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources
    • Proposed as answer by Shafaquat Ali Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gen Lin Friday, October 22, 2010 2:14 AM
    Monday, October 11, 2010 7:48 PM