none
Avoid sending emails when project is published RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever i publish the project, it sends an email.  Whatever be the status change of the task, i want to avoid sending emails.  How to do this.

Thanks,

NSG

NSG12

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi assuming 2010 environment,

That configuration you have to done at user specific level, go to Personal Settings "Manage Alerts and Reminders", uncheck "My project tasks are modified</label>".

Also if dont want any alerts and reminders from PWA then switch of completely outgoiung mail from PWA server settings

In case if you want Alerts should go to some specific people then create a custom "TempEmailAddress" field and remove there email-address from OOTB EmailAddress field.

Then populate this custom email address field with email address for all the users for whom you dont want to send any mails from PWA.

And default Email Address field should populate with email address of all the PWA users for whom you want to send alerts and reminders from PWA.

Thnaks, Hope this will help you !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:06 PM
  • It's my mistake for not specifying the version.  I am in 2007.

NSG12

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:36 PM
  • No worry, Project Server 2007 has similar Personal Settings for "Manage Alerts and Reminders". Let me know that above approach works for you or not.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:40 PM
  • I see it only under Personal Settings.  Is it available under server settings also?

NSG12

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:41 PM
  • No, There are 3 things as explained in my above posts.

1) Personal Settings: from here you can switch of alerts and reminders, but each users has to do at their own. Its user specific.

2)Server Settings: From here you can completely switch off outgoing mails if you want no alerts and reminders mail from PWA.

3) Setting TempEmailAddress: Using this option you can limit the mails from PWA to specific no of users.

So it depends on you which options suits you best.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:47 PM
  • Sachin,  Thank you.  That helped.

NSG12

Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:09 PM
  • So please mark as answer if above posts help you.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Friday, February 7, 2014 6:24 AM
  • Are you trying to disable email sent on Assignment change or all emails from Project Server? There is SQL change that can change the notification type to only email when a new assignment is added and not when assignment is changed.

Warning: Microsoft does not recommend or support manually editing the SQL Server databases Project Server. Therefore, complete the following steps at your own risk. I have implemented this solution for couple of my clients with no issue.

update [MSP_ALERT_DEFINITION]
    set [ALERT_ENABLED_BY_DEFAULT] = 0
    where [ALERT_NAME] = 'AssignmentModified'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Gaurav Wason MCITP, PMP

Friday, February 7, 2014 6:30 AM