none
Error disabling Prevent Active Directory synchronization for users RRS feed

• Question

• I'm preparing my Project Server 2010 for an upgrade to PS 2013. One of the steps per this TechNet article is to verify that the "Prevent Active Directory synchronization for this user" option is disabled for all users. There are two resources that are no longer with the company that have this checked and when I try to uncheck it and save I get the error:

"The resource could not be saved due to the following reasons: The NT account specified is invalid. Check the spelling of the user name, verify that a valid domain name was included, and check that a duplicate domain was not used."

Any ideas of how to uncheck this for people that are no longer in Active Directory?

• Edited by DoppelBock Monday, July 1, 2013 4:17 PM Clarity
    Friday, June 7, 2013 9:39 PM

Answers

• Set both the users as inactive. Do not delete.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by DoppelBock Monday, July 1, 2013 4:27 PM
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 5:31 AM

All replies

• Set both the users as inactive. Do not delete.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by DoppelBock Monday, July 1, 2013 4:27 PM
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 5:31 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. They are already set to inactive. Couldn't delete them if I wanted as they are both tied to a bunch of old projects.  Can I just move on with them set to inactive but with the prevent AD sync still checked?
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 4:00 PM
  • I think yes, you can. I would strongly recommend to test the outcome in development or test environment by performing a dry run.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 4:30 PM
  • Yeah, I'm running all this in my test environment first. I finished the upgrade and having them inactive but with the prevent AD sync still checked didn't give me any errors. Everything looks great! Thanks Hrishi!
    Monday, July 1, 2013 4:25 PM
  • Cool, glad I could help.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, July 1, 2013 5:19 PM