none
Task Settings and Display RRS feed

• Question

• I recently stood up our new Project server2013. I imported my projects from Project 2007. The resources and such followed over so it seems.  We don't use timesheets to report time to the project, we use Tasks. So we have several projects that are assigned to us, and we put in our time accordingly to each project per day or per week? Just recently we've started noticing where there is some "pre-populated" time entered into some of our projects? Its not accurate time, and it's not time that we've obviously entered for that project. I'm not finding much on Project 2013 and that topic of pre-populating of time in Tasks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Under Task Settings I have already made the selection of "Hours of work done per period"

Force project managers to use the progress reporting method specified above for all projects - Checked

Resources should report their hours worked every day - Checked

Only allow task updates via Tasks and Timesheets. - checked

Allow users to define custom periods for task updates - checked.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 3:47 PM

All replies

• By pre-populated time, do you mean actuals or do you mean planned work?

I have seen a similar situation but haven't figured out a reason why the actuals are in the timesheet / tasks.

Maybe some one els has a better understanding.

Kind regards,

Erik

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:23 AM
  • This will happen if your project managers do things in the project that accrue actual work to future time periods. The problem is that your PMs are not properly trained on using Microsoft Project.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Saturday, May 14, 2016 3:14 AM
  • Quick question than, what is the more proper way to extend a person on the project?  do you just extend the time frame, or do you add hours to their name?  I'll agree I'm not a Project expert and don't manage the day to day tasks of Project, but I'm trying to learn some of the tips and tricks of it.

Thanks,

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:36 PM