none
Uninstall .appx package RRS feed

• Question

• I have been installing a .appxbundle for while to our estate. App has suddenly stopped working and new version needed. So I have SCCM appx package 3.5 and now new version 3.6. Testing the 3.6 package and it failing. Event log confirms  saying the 3.5 version exists and needs uninstalling. From what I can see you simply select an uninstall deployment to remove version 3.5. However it runs but nothing shows in event viewer to confirm uninstall and it doesn't disappear from start menu. My suspicion is it needs to downloaded to ccmcache to complete the uninstall but it is not downloading - I clear the cache and no content there

Any advice?

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 6:16 PM

All replies

• Kindly verify the below logs to find why content not downloaded in cache

Contenttransfer.log and CAS.log

Also check below logs for application deployment errors

appenforce.log, appdiscovery.log

Did you tried the deployment manually, whether its working? 

Also check the below blog,

https://www.anoopcnair.com/sccm-app-deployment-process-appx/

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Yes I checked this guide and just created an uninstall deployment. I will check those logs but how does it know it needs the content in ccmcache to do the uninstall ?. In the Windows world quite often and uninstall string is just running something on the local machine so it wouldn't need to refer to the source files but in this case there's nothing to tell SCCM to redownload the content to cache

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:57 PM