none
New MDT build - capture fails RRS feed

• Question

• I created a reference build TS.xml that worked fine from my default MDT install.  For a new environment (new domain, new MDT, new everything), I  create a TS and then copy that original TS.xml into the control\ts\ts.xml of this new deployment. (I edit the OS location entry and everything looks fine)

It lays the OS down fine, does all the steps fine, starts executing capture WIM step fine (i see it create the WIM file in the captures folder and the size starts to grow).  Eventually it crashes with the following errors.   I need to be able to automate the installation and configuration of MDT for multiple domain builds and this is the only piece that is eluding me.   

From BDD: you see it starts fine then acts like it drops connection...?

• Edited by Slade1040 Friday, September 27, 2019 10:47 PM evidence changes on the issue
    Friday, September 27, 2019 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can't use by simply copying the old Tasksequence to another Deploymentshare. Every TS holds some unique info like ID, Guid. In that case it won't be work. 

Rather then doing this export your old Tasksequence to New Deploymentshare and Try to copy steps by editing TS into newer TS. 

Check this Reference link Export_MDT_TaskSequence

Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:17 AM
  • The only item that is unique is the OS, in this TS,  and you can simply copy the TS.xml into the control folder and then edit the TS to select a new OS.  So I dont think that is the issue.  It still occurs even if i create a new TS from scratch.  
    Saturday, September 28, 2019 4:37 PM