How are you notifying change requesters of the outcome of a review activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm having big problems with this topic. It seems there is no "affected user" in an activity (or if there is, I cant find a way to reference it), so the obvious setting for the "user" in the "select people to notify" part of a workflow doesnt really work. My question is I suppose in two parts (1) are you sending notifications of approvals/rejections to your change requesters and (2) if you are, how? Thanks for your help Steve
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:36 PM

All replies

• I know you asked this some time ago, but if it helps, I just send an approval or rejection email to the creator of the RA, which in our environment is almost always the creator of the parent CR. For an MA, the assignee gets notified when it goes "in-progress".

If you wanted another user, the "requester", then you could use the Affected User relationship which is valid on CRs and RAs. For example, add Affected User on the CR form and call it "Requester". Add custom workflow that copies this relationship to child RAs on creation and/or CR update.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:24 PM
  • P.S., actually, as a rejected RA will fail the parent CR anyway, you probably don't have to bother with the custom workflow. When a CR fails or completes, just include the affected user in the notification workflow and they'll get to know about it.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 3:31 AM