Content Database not being crawled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a Web App that is splitted 8 content databases.

Two of them are not being crawled and Search return nothing for all site collections in those databases.

In the site collections that are in other content databases it works perfectly.

We checked the Database Content Access Account permissions in SQL Server User Mappings and they seem to be identical.

How can a content database not be crawled while others in the same web application crawl successfully?

Our Enviornmet is WSS 3.0 with Office SharePoint Search 2007.

Note: The databases that are not being crawled are not the largest. They are 88GB and 35GB. In the same Web App we have a 240GB database that works.

Thanks!

L. Skynyrd

• Edited by J.Clua Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:45 PM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:40 PM

All replies

• Are the site collections in the uncrawled content databases included in a content source that is crawled?

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:46 AM
  • How can I check that out?

The Crawl log shows this:

Content Source SharePoint - Share
    Type Full 
    Duration 11:47:51 
    Success 1644438 
    Error 159

Here are a few samples of the 159 erros in the Cralw Logs:

Error   in the application. (O tipo de campo SharePointVideoPlayer não está instalado   corretamente. Acesse a página de configurações da lista para excluir o campo.   )
    Error in the Site Data Web Service.
    Exception from HRESULT: 0x81020071 (O   acesso a este site foi bloqueado. Contate o administrador para solucionar o   problema.)
    Exception from HRESULT: 0x81070504   (Web  "/xpto" does not   exist.)
    One of the fields on the SharePoint List   does not exist or has become corrupt. 
    The parameter is incorrect.

Did you mean this Log?

Thank you

L. Skynyrd

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Go to Content Sources and edit each content source to ensure all your site collections are listed.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:23 PM
  • I have one Content Source per Web App configured as this:

Select the type of content to be crawled:
    SharePoint Site

Type start addresses below (one per line): *
    http://site.company.com/
    http://servername:7784/

Select crawling behavior for all start addresses in this content source:
    Crawl everything under the hostname for each start address

Under http://site.company.com/ I have site collections that get crawled and that don't get crawled

Curously all site collections that doesnt get crawled are within the same content databases

I just tried creating a Content Source as Web Site instead of SharePoint Site and force Crawlinh to start by a particular site that doesnt work and that is inside one of the problematic databases and the result was:

It's running for 10 minutes so far and it doest generate any message. Zero Success, Error or Warnings.

I wonder what it is doing in this 10 minutes.

Thanks

L. Skynyrd

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:13 PM
  • OK, now in Central Administration if you go to Application Management -> Content databases, select the web application/content database that is not being crawled and check to see if it's in the Ready (or Started) state.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:20 PM
  • This is what shows up:

Database Name Database Status Current Number of Sites Site Level Warning Maximum Number of Sites
    WSS_Content_Share_00 Stopped 28 9000 15000
    WSS_Content_Share_01 Stopped 26 9000 15000
    WSS_Content_Share_02 Stopped 38 9000 15000
    WSS_Content_Share_03 Started 32 9000 15000
    WSS_Content_Share_04 Stopped 22 9000 15000
    WSS_Content_Share_05 Stopped 34 9000 15000
    WSS_Content_Share_06 Stopped 42 9000 15000
    WSS_Content_Share_07 Started 31 9000 15000

Thanks

L. Skynyrd

• Edited by J.Clua Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:36 PM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:32 PM
  • The databases that are Stopped -- are these the ones whose sites are not being crawled?

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:37 PM
  • No.

The ones that are not being crawled (02 and 04) are stopped but 

some site collections that are in other stopped Databases are being crawled and have Search working.

I thought that the stopped status indicates only that no new site collection will be created there.

But I am not sure about that.

Thank you

L. Skynyrd

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 2:00 PM
  • I just conformed that changing the database status to ready and started and running a FULL crawl didnt't change things.

There are still site collections not being crawled. They are all from the same content databases.

Is there a way to test that in the database? For example I could log in SQL Server Management Studio using the same Database Content Access Account and test if I can run queries in all site collection tables...

I will try to do that.

Any other clues are very welcome.

Thanks!

L. Skynyrd

Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:17 AM