none
Uninstalling DPM 2010 protection agent manually... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

I want to test the procedures of uninstalling DPM 2010 protection agent from a Windows Server 2003 with "msiexec /x {07CCDE6A-1D92-2C9C-D091-9E682643ABCC}" command, according to the following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff629522.aspx

But when I execute the command, the following error message appears:

This Action Is Only Valid For Products That Are Currently Installed.

Note 1: I am sure that the agent is installed on the PS.

Note 2: I have updated my DPM application with latest hotfixes and installed the latest agent on the desired PS.

And ideas?

Thanks

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:43 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Try navigating to the registry of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and verify what the uninstall string is.  You may have to go through the keys to see which one relates to the DPM agent. 

Once you find it verify if the uninstall string matches the technet article.

Thanks,
    Shane

• Marked as answer by R.Alikhani Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:00 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Try navigating to the registry of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and verify what the uninstall string is.  You may have to go through the keys to see which one relates to the DPM agent. 

Once you find it verify if the uninstall string matches the technet article.

Thanks,
    Shane

• Marked as answer by R.Alikhani Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:00 PM
  • Thanks for your reply;

You are right. The key name that I find is not as same to the technet article. So please update the article accordingly...

Thanks

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:25 AM