none
Windows Server 2012 Standard Administrator password is automatically after a few reboots RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed a new Windows Server 2012 Standard with GUI. All is good. Doing some updates and after a few reboots it is asking for a password for the Administrator account which I have not set. I have no idea what this password could be or how it got set. Three installs, same issue. I used HP Intelligent Provisioning to do the install. Its on an HP DL160 G8 Server.
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you setup any password after the installation of Windows Server 2012 before you first log in? Do you have a password to type on the logon screen?

If so, please try to use this password.

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:21 AM
  • You might want to check with HP about where in their procedure they ask for it.  If you were using regular media, the last thing the server does is ask for the password - you can't go any farther without entering it twice.  HP's installation procedure must be modifying this.   Check with them.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you setup any password after the installation of Windows Server 2012 before you first log in? Do you have a password to type on the logon screen?

If so, please try to use this password.

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:21 AM
  • You might want to check with HP about where in their procedure they ask for it.  If you were using regular media, the last thing the server does is ask for the password - you can't go any farther without entering it twice.  HP's installation procedure must be modifying this.   Check with them.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:16 PM