Limitations for columns in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Inside Mail, i have added 2 columns from All Contact fields (Company and Customer ID). I was unable to see the content of these columns but i tried under Contacts and was able to see its content.

Does All Contact fields only limited under Contacts and not in Mail?

I'm running on MS Office 365 Pro Plus Version 1902 Build 11328.20392 on a Semi Annual Channel.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:24 PM

Answers

• Hi ArceeMah,

I tested this on my Outlook 365 version 1908 (Build 11929.20216). Here are my results:

1. I create a user-defined field: “UserID” and add it to contact column. Go to Mail module, no “UserID” showing in Field Chooser.
    2. Add “Birthday” column to Contact and Mail. Birthday information doesn’t show in Mail module.

According to the test results, fields are unrelated in Mail and Contact module. They are separate.

I’ve researched a lot and currently, haven’t found official articles which explains this. As this can be reproduced on both our side, I’m afraid this is by design.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Outlook.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ArceeMah Friday, August 30, 2019 8:34 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2019 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi ArceeMah,

I tested this on my Outlook 365 version 1908 (Build 11929.20216). Here are my results:

1. I create a user-defined field: “UserID” and add it to contact column. Go to Mail module, no “UserID” showing in Field Chooser.
    2. Add “Birthday” column to Contact and Mail. Birthday information doesn’t show in Mail module.

According to the test results, fields are unrelated in Mail and Contact module. They are separate.

I’ve researched a lot and currently, haven’t found official articles which explains this. As this can be reproduced on both our side, I’m afraid this is by design.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Outlook.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ArceeMah Friday, August 30, 2019 8:34 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2019 4:52 AM
  • Thanks for the input Perry. Will proceed with the uservoice and hope that this will be implemented in the future
    Friday, August 30, 2019 8:35 PM