Suspect Software Protection Service Intermittenly Hang the PC respond RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We have groups of computers with windows 7 Professional (domain join) + Office 2010 activated through Volume License Key. Users feedback that their PC intermittently no respond and we found no hardware issue and we check back the application eventlog and notice whenever this service starts and users will complain their PC no respond or slow.

I'm wondering is this a bug or how to prevent it to run during office hours or could I disable it. I now have to temp disable to ask user to monitor first on 1 PC.

For PC spec, I will provide later.

Appreciate your comments on it.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed that your PC is not respond or slow, I suggest we can try the Performance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The first thing that you can try is the Performance troubleshooter, which can automatically find and fix problems. The Performance troubleshooter checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Optimize Windows for better performance

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15055/windows-7-optimize-windows-better-performance

In addition, you can also try to disable this service and check if the problem is really related to it.

To disable the "Software Protection" service of Windows 7, follow the below procedure: •Click on Start > type "services.msc" in the search field and press enter.

In the "Services" window, look for the following entry:

Software Protection

Double click and set the "Startup type" as "Disabled"

Click on OK to validate.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:57 AM
    Friday, April 7, 2017 4:00 AM