none
How to provide access to SSRS report all employees in our company RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is it possible to provide access to all employees in our company without specifying each and everyone's name in security settings.

My team generates global reporting and sometime we send reports to more than 1000 recipients. And we get those recipients name by query by searching active directory.

Any help on how to send these reports dynamically is appreciated.

Monday, November 11, 2019 6:49 PM

All replies

• Yes, as long as all the users are domain users, use the group NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users
    Monday, November 11, 2019 7:07 PM
  • Thank you,

so if it not same domain we need the add those users manually ?

Monday, November 11, 2019 7:25 PM
  • Please note that you are also able to add domain groups.
    Monday, November 11, 2019 8:58 PM
  • Hi,

For different domains, in order to view reports, the domains need to be trusted. Or we could also make the reports public in internet with customer authentication.

You could refer to this thread: SSRS accessing from different domain

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:28 AM
  • Any help on how to send these reports dynamically is appreciated.

So you mean the users don't have to access SSRS directly to get the report, but you send via subscription email to the users? Then create a email Distribution list and use that as receiver.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:04 AM
  • Yes,

below is the exact requirement and i am trying to find best way of doing it.

Ours is a Golbal reporting team and we need to send escalation reports globally. And recipient numbers are more than 1000 per each report. We get that list from a query. so far we are sending these reports manually, now i am trying to automate these using SSRS.

I can use a query and make it a data driven subscription. Only problem i have and I am stuck is providing these recipients a permission to access our reports. Each reports has different audiences so adding them manually is a pain.

Is there a way i can update Reporting service database directly ? So before i generate the report i get the list from a query update the database with necessary permissions and then send the report ?

any other ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:01 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for late reply. 

I did not quite understand the obstacles here. If we made a date driven subscription, then, all the recipients would get a file as attachment in the email, which doesn't need authentication for accessing. 

You could set one field in the query to specify the users permission to view which content in the report, while setting also a parameter in the report to filter the content.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:45 AM