none
Clean up of old records in an SQL MA's connector space RRS feed

• Question

• In order to clean up the disconnected objects from SQL MA, I did the following steps

1.I manaully projected them from MA's Connector space into Metaverse by applying projection rules.

2. I imported end dates and names via import rules.

3. I created a set that transitions in the objects that have end dates less than sys date (obviously these objects will transition in to the set)

4. Created a MPR that will remove the particular MA's ERE whenever an object is transitioned in to the set.

5. Tried this by doing the following steps.

i)  Individually preview'd and commited accounts.

ii) Objects stood for export in FIM MA, ran Export on FIM MA

iii) DIDS on FIM MA

iv) When I see the search requests in FIM portal, i can see that the MPR is triggered but it didnt removed.

Could anyone please help me out. Have I missed anything?

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:29 AM

Answers

• Hello once again,

If they are already a disconnectors right now, it would be harder.

In that case I would do something else:

1. Export a list of those disconnectors to CSV file

2. Create new MA that is file-based one

3. Project those disconnectors to MV

4. Import file generated in "1" and join objects with those projected

5. Set object deletion rule that if object from CSV is disconnected, MV object would be deleted

6. Set in SQL MA deletion rule to export a delete

7. Change CSV to have only one object with changed values (especially DN)

8. Import "new" version of CSV

9. FS on CSV MA. It would invoke MV object deletes and pending deletes on SQL MA.

Remember to take DB backup "in case of"

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Marked as answer by Rajesh.NSR Friday, February 3, 2017 9:04 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Rajesh,

From what you have described, you have configured MPR/Workflow to remove ERE but not the object itself, right? So I assume it works as you configured it - that ERE is removed from MV but the object itself is not removed.

It's not only ERE that you need to remove using workflow, but the object itself as well.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:54 AM
  • I want the object which I have projected manually into the MV needs to be removed.
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 9:59 AM
  • You can achieve this one by removiing object from FIMService and setting MV Deletion Rule of object to be triggered when object is disconnected from FIMService MA. Then you need to check what are disconnection rules on SQL MA.

In above scenario object would be deleted from MV and SQL MA when you would delete it from FIMService.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:54 AM
  • I have 90,000 objects as Disconnectors in SQL MA's CN. 

Initially there was object deletion rule and now I have to set De-provisioning scenario for each MA I have.

I need to do it using the other way, by using the sync rule to delete the objects from MV, so that I can set individual de-provisioning scenario's for each MA's I have.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:07 PM
  • Hello once again,

If they are already a disconnectors right now, it would be harder.

In that case I would do something else:

1. Export a list of those disconnectors to CSV file

2. Create new MA that is file-based one

3. Project those disconnectors to MV

4. Import file generated in "1" and join objects with those projected

5. Set object deletion rule that if object from CSV is disconnected, MV object would be deleted

6. Set in SQL MA deletion rule to export a delete

7. Change CSV to have only one object with changed values (especially DN)

8. Import "new" version of CSV

9. FS on CSV MA. It would invoke MV object deletes and pending deletes on SQL MA.

Remember to take DB backup "in case of"

• Marked as answer by Rajesh.NSR Friday, February 3, 2017 9:04 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:25 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your approach.

Is there any other way of doing it, since I am going to perform it in my production environment they wont allow me to create a new MA to process the request. If so, please let me know.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:13 AM
  • I would approach same way as Dominik and most likely Microsoft product support would say the same.  You are creating a temporary, administrative MA, in order to clean up a problem. The MA can be deleted after all is fixed. You can perform the steps in a DEV environment to show to management what is being done and why it is necessary. Showing you have a good back out plan (DB backup that has been verified) helps put management at ease too.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:43 AM
  • The other way is to go directly to SQL and clean it yourself, not using sync engine - then on import your disconnectors will vanish and sync would be faster (no need to recalculate disconnectors against filter/join/projection rules)

of course you would need to make sure you have correct object deletion rule.

Friday, February 3, 2017 8:17 AM