Uninstall a Program RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i have RC1 build 5600, I have this problem.

I tried to install Nero 7 Premium, got it on but it would not load properly. So I downloaded the latest update. But, to load the update I have to uninstall the old version. The trouble is when i go into Control Panel Uninstall, i get an error message saying:

Windows installer has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

So not to be put off by this, I went into Windows Explorer to remove it, and got an error message saying:

You need permission to perform this action. You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder.

So I went into Control Panel -System to see if I could change this, but got noware.

So not to be put off yet again, I put in the Installation disk to uninstall the program and got this error message again:

Windows installer has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windowsvwill close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Can somebody help out of this fix. Thanks

Thursday, November 9, 2006 11:36 AM

All replies

• i have the same problem will someone please help.
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:15 PM
  • I found that the early version of nero was not vista compatable, also it was the installer that would not work. What i had to do was to remove vista and install it again to get the installer to work. Also i had to get an update from nero to get that to work.
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:24 PM
  • Robin bredin, i also have the same problem as you

ANY ONE???

KNOWS TO FIX THIS???

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 10:20 AM
  • do not install nero version 7.09 it will bugger up your thumbnails (video ones-mpeg/mpg/avi/dvr-ms ect)
    install nero version 7.10.1.0 it is stable and works (havent got thumbnails back but they are in the scout version)

ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/General-CleanTool_7.zip

this is general clean tool for nero it will erase all of nero off computer-req restart

Rename the folder "Ahead" in folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\
    into "Ahead_2".
    When reinstalling Nero, the folder "Ahead" will be created again.
    The Nero's DirectShow filters and Codecs will also be installed and registered
    again.
    As soon as the folder "Ahead" is once again created in the directory
    C:\ Program Files\Common files\
    the directory "Ahead_2" can be erased.

ver 7.10.1.0 =

http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-demo.php
    just enter you serial no at the install part and you should (figers crossed) be ok)

rember to check for virus befour installing anything)

Saturday, September 8, 2007 4:33 PM
  • I get the error message when I try to install/uninstall Office 2007.  Also, Vista Ultimate says that the program is not installed when I see it in the add/remove section and the programs will sometimes open.   I can't uninstall it, repair it,

or reinstall it.   Now what, guys?

I do have Nero 7 installed.  Is that what's causing all the ***?

Cheri

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:22 PM