none
Inaccessible sysvol RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have 6 servers 2012 R2 and 1 server 2016 DC's in our domain. 2 of these are in the same subnet and the reset are in different subnets.

Today find out that when create a new gpo on the PDC this gpo dont get replicated to the sysvol of other DC's

I the gpo mangment console for this gpo can see that sysvol is inaccessible.

In the events of the PDC dont see any error regarding the replication.

Any suggestion on how to get the sysvol syned again?

Thanks

Shahin

UPDATE,

On the PDC see the DFS warning 2213. the last one is from 3 days ago.

Could this be the root cause of this issue?

• Edited by Shahin Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2020 7:50 AM

All replies

• Something here may help.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2958414/dfs-replication-how-to-troubleshoot-missing-sysvol-and-netlogon-shares

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:51 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply,

We dont mis folder sysvol or netlogon on none of our DC's

I already saw this link and it has usefull info.

I did run the DCdiag on the DC that we see the event 2213 ( this is PDC) and show no error,

We can see that event 2213 get logged the last time days ago, but still the new policy is not pleaced on other Dc's

To set this right, My understaing is that I have to keep a copy of Sysvol folder of this PDC and then run the command that we see in the event 2213, am I right? 

Also I see that StopReplicationOnAutoRecovery key on this server is already set to 1, should we live it as it is or change it to 0?

Thanksa

Shahin

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:09 PM
  • If you set StopReplicationOnAutoRecovery = 0 then DFSR attempts to perform AutoRecovery when a dirty database shutdown is detected.

Another option is to try an non-authoritative restore on problematic ones.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2218556/how-to-force-an-authoritative-and-non-authoritative-synchronization-fo

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:33 PM
  • I would like to first go with the simple solution,

Copying the sysvol of the PDC and run the command in the event view and setting the StopReplicationOnAutoRecovery = 0 would do the job correct?

Shahin

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:00 PM
  • The much simpler method would be to demote, reboot, promo the problematic one.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:07 PM
  • This is the PDC so demoteing it is not going to be simple,

Also What I dont understand is the PDC has a poliy ( default domain policy) that is older then othere DC's!!

but thier contant is all the same date!!

PDC:

BDC

BDC1:

BDC2:

contant of policy in PDC:

Contant of both BDC's:

Shahin

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:38 PM
  • Then a couple of options. Move roles to another healthy one so you can demote, reboot promo it, or do the non-authoritative restore.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2218556/how-to-force-an-authoritative-and-non-authoritative-synchronization-fo

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

1. Backup GPOs from PDC and import them on other three DCs

2. Reset to default permissions on all GPOs

3. delete some registry.tmp file from some policies (this file exists in some GPOs -in sysvol- on one or two DCs and do not exist on other DCs)

Hope this information can help you
    Best wishes
    Vicky

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:00 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Vicky

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 3:30 AM