none
WIN 10 cannot connect via Remote Desktop connection after update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I was able to connect to my RDS 2012R2 using the built-in win 10 remote desktop connection via the web interface without problems until the desktop was upgrade to built 14393.187. Now I receive the error message "Your Computer can't connect to the gateway server"

I can connection on a win7 desktop and can connect on a WIN10 desktop using the Remote Desktop preview app found on the windows store.

After the upgrade I browser to my RDS and click on the remote desktop connection icon as normal and then I receive a new window that asks for my password, I have double logon so this is not unexpected, the look of the window is new however.

Firstly, I was wondering is other people are experiencing the same problem and secondly if there is a work around.

The remote desk connection program on the client is version 10.0.14393 

Cheers

laurie

Monday, September 19, 2016 1:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, 

I think I have a same kind of issue, but also haven't found a solution yet. I have Dell XPS 15 9550 with Windows 10 Pro which I recently updated to built 14393.187. After that I could not log on to one of our Windows Server 2012 r2 Standard systems anymore. 

Black screen 30 seconds,
    Remote Desktop Connection: "An internal error has occurred."

But it doesn't seem to happen to the rest of our Servers with the same version, that's the strangest part. The only thing which is different I can think of, is that the Server is a RODC residing in another location which is accessible by VPN (45ms average latency). 
    Another fact is that older machines do not seem to have a problem connecting through RDP.

Does anybody have some ideas?

Regards,

San

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:52 AM
  • Same problem here. After Windows 10 update cant connect to RD gateway anymore. 4 PC with Windows 10 tested. Problem is KB3176939 and KB3176936, cannot be uninstalled. NEED WORKAROUND FAST
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:33 PM
  • Hi,

As the update cannot be uninstalled, I suggest you restore to a state when those updates were not installed yet if backup exists.

In addition, after restore the system successfully, please use the “Show or hide updates” troubleshooter package within the KB article below to hide updates those we want to prevent to be installed.

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930#bookmark-1607

If no restore can be performed, please check event logs especially RDS/Terminal Services related logs to see whether more clues can be found under:

Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs\ Microsoft\ Windows.

In addition, here is a dedicated Windows 10 forum below for you if further assistance regarding Windows 10 is required:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates at the moment?

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:45 PM
  • Same problem here. After Windows 10 update can't connect to RD gateway anymore. Even RDP without gateway is not working properly!

Friday, September 30, 2016 8:08 PM
  • Hi,

In that case, I suggest you copy files mstsc.exe and mstscax.dll from Windows 1511 to problematic updated Windows 10 system to see whether it works.

Here is a related thread below for you:

Windows RemoteApps Unusable After Anniversary Update

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/9c84b4ab-d306-4e35-978e-12fe872cec49/windows-remoteapps-unusable-after-anniversary-update?forum=winserverTS

Best Regards,

Amy

Monday, October 3, 2016 2:58 AM