none
DPM and Netwrok Traffic RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am wondering if I can assign storage LUN on the server that I want to Backup then let the DPM to backup directly to this LUN instead of let the backup files come through the network to the DPM server then store it to DPM disk.

Thanks

Ahmed Ali

Sunday, November 16, 2014 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If the DPM storage pool lun and the protected data source Lun share the same fabric, then you can perform initial replication and recoveries using san to san copies.  However, normal backups are always performed over the network.  You can configure a dedicated backup network for DPM to use to segregate backup traffic from production traffic.

See the following TechNet page for using backup network. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh757982.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, November 16, 2014 6:11 PM