none
Can outlook.exe be safely closed via Group Policies?

Question

• Hi,

I am looking at ways to backup users connected to my 2012 r2 domain from the dc running a scheduled program that just copies specified folders onto a local NAS.  Problem is that the users use outlook and doesnt always close the program, which locks the pst's.  Is there a way for a group policy to have outlook safely close at a certain time on the user's pc's?  I dont want to kill the process as that might do damage to the pst's.

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    First of all, I would suggest to use script for closing outlook, here is the suggested script, please refer to: https://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/closeoutlookscript.htm
    Then instead of using group policy, I would use a scheduled task to run the script at certain time on clients.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:01 AM
  • Thank you so much for the reply, will implement and let you know!
    Friday, February 17, 2017 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 20, 2017 3:08 AM