none
How to view timesheets of team members? RRS feed

• Question

• As a team leader, I want to view timesheets of my team members. I tried the ‘Timesheet’ function but cannot select others’.  I can view resource assignments/availability from ‘Resources’ but seems there are no ‘actual work’ shown.  They are also not broken down into details or without enough information/columns.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you just want to see timesheet of your team members then you can create an SSRS report fetch data from reporting Database/Schema and deply it to the server.

But If you want to see as well approve and reject then you be assigned as timesheet manager of your team memebers plus you must have time-sheet approve permission to do so.

Thanks and let me know in case have any other doubts/quetions

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:47 AM
  • Hi Sachin,

Is it complicated? Would you provide the details or a reference for creating an SSRS report to fetch data from reporting Database/Schema for viewing team members' timesheet and deploy it to the server?

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:16 AM
  • No it's not very difficult you can use below SQL to fetch particular timesheet for a particular user

SELECT     dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceName, dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.PeriodName, dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriodStatus.Description AS PeriodStatus, 
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetStatus.Description AS TimesheetStatus, SUM(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual.ActualWorkBillable) AS Billable, 
                          SUM(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual.ActualWorkNonBillable) AS NonBillable, SUM(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual.ActualOvertimeWorkBillable) AS OvertimeBillable, 
                          SUM(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual.ActualOvertimeWorkNonBillable) AS OvertimeNonBillable, dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.StartDate, dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.EndDate, 
                          SUM(dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual.PlannedWork) AS Planned, dbo.MSP_TimesheetStatus.TimesheetStatusID, dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.PeriodStatusID, 
                          dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceNTAccount, dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceIsGeneric, dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceIsActive, 
                          dbo.MSP_Timesheet.TimesheetUID, dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual.TimeByDay, dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject.ProjectName, dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask.TaskName, 
                          dbo.MSP_Timesheet.TimesheetName, dbo.MSP_TimesheetClass.ClassName
    FROM         dbo.MSP_TimesheetStatus INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_Timesheet ON dbo.MSP_TimesheetStatus.TimesheetStatusID = dbo.MSP_Timesheet.TimesheetStatusID RIGHT OUTER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource RIGHT OUTER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView ON dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource.ResourceUID = dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceUID ON 
                          dbo.MSP_Timesheet.OwnerResourceNameUID = dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource.ResourceNameUID FULL OUTER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine ON dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask.TaskNameUID = dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine.TaskNameUID INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject ON dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine.ProjectNameUID = dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject.ProjectNameUID ON 
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual.TimesheetLineUID = dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine.TimesheetLineUID INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetClass ON dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine.ClassUID = dbo.MSP_TimesheetClass.ClassUID ON 
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource.ResourceNameUID = dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual.LastChangedResourceNameUID AND 
                          dbo.MSP_Timesheet.TimesheetUID = dbo.MSP_TimesheetLine.TimesheetUID FULL OUTER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod ON dbo.MSP_Timesheet.PeriodUID = dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.PeriodUID FULL OUTER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriodStatus ON dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.PeriodStatusID = dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriodStatus.PeriodStatusID
    WHERE     (dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceType = 2) AND (dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceIsActive = 1)
    GROUP BY dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.PeriodName, dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.StartDate, dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.EndDate, dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriodStatus.Description, 
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetStatus.Description, dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceTimesheetManagerUID, dbo.MSP_TimesheetStatus.TimesheetStatusID, 
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.PeriodStatusID, dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceNTAccount, dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceIsGeneric, 
                          dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceIsActive, dbo.MSP_Timesheet.TimesheetUID, dbo.MSP_TimesheetActual.TimeByDay, 
                          dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject.ProjectName, dbo.MSP_TimesheetTask.TaskName, dbo.MSP_Timesheet.TimesheetName, dbo.MSP_TimesheetClass.ClassName, 
                          dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceName
    HAVING      (dbo.MSP_Timesheet.TimesheetUID = @TimeSheetUID and dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceName = @ResName)
    ORDER BY dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod.StartDate

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:40 AM
  • It is too advance for me. I have completely no idea of using SSRS. How can I get an interface for viewing the fetched timesheet in Project Server then?
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

If you have no working knowledge on SSRS then discuss the same query with SQL Developer.

Else you can go through with below link to create your first SSRS report

First SSRS Report

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:24 AM
  • Nahcyrret --

Has your Project Server administrator designated you as the Timesheet Manager for your team members?  If not, this is a step that is required for you to be able to see their timesheets.  Be forewarned, however, that if you are designated as the Timesheet Manager for your team members, this means YOU must approve their timesheets each week.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 2:07 PM
  • Hi Howard,

How would the timesheets of other team members be presented after being designated as Timesheet Manager?

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 1:32 AM
  • Hi Nahcyrret,

After you being designated as Timesheet Manager, you can see your resources submitted timesheet in Approval Page with summary information as well as complete detailed Timesheet information of your resources submitted timesheet.

So as I said after being designated a Timesheet Manage you can approve or reject timesheets.

So If you want just to view timesheets of the resources please create a custom repor that would be preferable according to me.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:45 AM
  • Hi Sachin,

Can I run this query in SQL server? Why the mutli-part identifier not bound? How to find the @TimeSheetUID and @ResName for a user?

Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:49 AM
  • Yes you can run this query in SQL Server under ProjectServer_Reporting database or schema.

For @ResName : you can put any active PWA Timesheet user

For @Timesheet UID: You can fetch that GUID from PWA Timeshreet page URL

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:30 PM