locked
Windows couldnot search for new updates RRS feed

  • Question

  • While applying the March OS patches , I am getting the below issue :

    OS - Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

    I have tried to check on below fixes .

    1. netsh winsock reset and Rebooted OS , doesn't work .
    2. Solving the Windows Update 80072EE2 Error

    In the registry editor, browse to the folder in the left hand panel to the

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    

    delete the keys in the right hand pane called WUServer and WIStatusServer .

    NOTE : First of all , the windowsupdate folder doesnot exist in machine . This doesn't help .

    Nothing helped so far . Can anyone help me .

    Please find the error log:

    SLS Making request with URL HTTPS://sls.update.microsoft.com/SLS/{9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}/x64/6.3.9600.0/0?CH=839&L=en-US;ja-JP&P=&PT=0x7&WUA=7.9.9600.18838
    Misc WARNING: Send failed with hr = 80072ee2.
    Misc WARNING: Proxy List used: <(null)> Bypass List used : <(null)> Auth Schemes used : <None>
    Misc WARNING: Send request failed, hr:0x80072ee2
    Misc WARNING: WinHttp: SendRequestUsingProxy failed for <HTTPS://sls.update.microsoft.com/SLS/{9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}/x64/6.3.9600.0/0?CH=839&L=en-US;error 0x80072ee2
    Misc WARNING: WinHttp: SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed. error 0x80072ee2
    Misc WARNING: WinHttp: SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with 0x80072ee2
    Misc WARNING: WinHttp: ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with 0x80072ee2
    SLS FATAL: SLS:CSLSDownloader::GetUrlContent: DoFileDownload failed with 0x80072ee2.
    SLS FATAL: GetResponse failed with hresult 0x80072ee2...
    EP FATAL: EP: CSLSEndpointProvider::GetWUClientData - failed to get SLS data, error = 0x80072EE2
    EP FATAL: EP: CSLSEndpointProvider::GetEndpointFromSLS - Failed to get client data, error = 0x80072EE2
    EP FATAL: Failed to obtain 9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77 redir Client/Server URL, error = 0x80072EE2
    PT WARNING: PTError: 0x80072ee2
    PT WARNING: Initialization failed for Protocol Talker Context: 0x80072ee2
    Agent   * WARNING: Exit code = 0x80072EE2
    Agent *********
    Agent **  END  **  Agent: Finding updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdatesWuApp  Id = 5]
    Agent *************
    Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching for update with error 0x80072ee2
    IdleTmr WU operation (CSearchCall::Init ID 5, operation # 74) stopped; does use network; is not at background priority
    IdleTmr Decremented idle timer priority operation counter to 1
    AU >>##  RESUMED  ## AU: Search for updates [CallId = {9C43E378-AC70-49EB-BFDE-EFC4884478E7} ServiceId = {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}]
    AU   # WARNING: Search callback failed, result = 0x80072EE2
    AU #########
    AU ##  END  ##  AU: Search for updates  [CallId = {9C43E378-AC70-49EB-BFDE-EFC4884478E7} ServiceId = {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}]
    AU #############
    AU All AU searches complete.
    AU   # WARNING: Failed to find updates with error code 80072ee2


    Best Regards,SQLBoy


    • Edited by Kumar GK Monday, March 19, 2018 10:09 AM
    Monday, March 19, 2018 6:16 AM

Answers

  • The below troubleshooting helped me to fix the issue:

    1. Open run --> Type Gpedit.msc
    2. Computer configuration --> Administrative templates
    3. Windows Components --> Windows Update

    Compare the below three settings under Windows update with the server where the Windows Patching update is properly working:

    1. Always automatically restart at the scheduled time
    2. Configure Automatic updates
    3. Specify intranet Microsoft update service location 

    The above three settings are disabled in my case . I did compare the settings with the working patching update process server and all went good .

    Hope this helps someone . Good Day


    Best Regards,SQLBoy

    • Marked as answer by Kumar GK Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:02 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:02 AM

All replies

  • Download and install it as offline
    Monday, March 19, 2018 7:19 AM
  • The below troubleshooting helped me to fix the issue:

    1. Open run --> Type Gpedit.msc
    2. Computer configuration --> Administrative templates
    3. Windows Components --> Windows Update

    Compare the below three settings under Windows update with the server where the Windows Patching update is properly working:

    1. Always automatically restart at the scheduled time
    2. Configure Automatic updates
    3. Specify intranet Microsoft update service location 

    The above three settings are disabled in my case . I did compare the settings with the working patching update process server and all went good .

    Hope this helps someone . Good Day


    Best Regards,SQLBoy

    • Marked as answer by Kumar GK Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:02 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:02 AM