how to add new item in more options dialog box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to add new item in more options dialog box(site actions -> more options). I want to add new item there to the new page layout which I created but I didn't find any way to do it. can anyone assist me for this.
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:00 AM

Answers

• Good point, in order to add a Page into that area, you will need to define a Custom Action. You can learn more about creating Custom Actions here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh500259(v=office.14).aspx

As an example, Microsoft uses the following Custom Action to add the "Publishing Page" to that Create Silverlight control when enabling the Publishing features:

<CustomAction
            Id="CreatePublishingPage"
            GroupId="WebPages"
            Location="Microsoft.SharePoint.Create"
            Sequence="100"
            Title="$Resources:cmscore,Create_WebPages_PublishedPage;"
            Description="$Resources:cmscore,Create_WebPages_PublishedPage_Description;"
            ImageUrl="/_layouts/images/ltpp.png">
    		<UrlAction Url="_Layouts/CreatePage.aspx" />
        </CustomAction>

Dimitri Ayrapetov (MCSE: SharePoint)

• Marked as answer by MNRSPDev Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:19 PM
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:30 AM

All replies

• That area is reserved for List, Library, and Site templates. A Page Layout would be associated within a Content Type, which would be associated within a Library.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:01 AM
  • But there is a section called pages and there are items for page and web part page.. Is there is any option to add new item for the page layout..
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:43 PM
  • Good point, in order to add a Page into that area, you will need to define a Custom Action. You can learn more about creating Custom Actions here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh500259(v=office.14).aspx

As an example, Microsoft uses the following Custom Action to add the "Publishing Page" to that Create Silverlight control when enabling the Publishing features:

<CustomAction
            Id="CreatePublishingPage"
            GroupId="WebPages"
            Location="Microsoft.SharePoint.Create"
            Sequence="100"
            Title="$Resources:cmscore,Create_WebPages_PublishedPage;"
            Description="$Resources:cmscore,Create_WebPages_PublishedPage_Description;"
            ImageUrl="/_layouts/images/ltpp.png">
    		<UrlAction Url="_Layouts/CreatePage.aspx" />
        </CustomAction>

• Marked as answer by MNRSPDev Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:19 PM
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:30 AM