Error while reading timesheet PSI: Timesheet.ReadTimesheetByPeriod throws GeneralUnhandledException RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have implemented a custom solution for Timesheet using PSI. However, I am facing two issues with it:

Case 1: For some users the timesheet web service call throws a time out error.

a. While debugging I am getting exception: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

b. I checked following things on server:

- Event Viewer contains only error information: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.

- ULS log file contains: PSI: TimeSheet.ReadTimesheetByPeriod  Undefined Attributes: PSError: GeneralUnhandledException  Undefined attributes list

(Note: I checked the issue for couple of users and found that they had huge number of tasks assigned, due to which web service call used to timeout while loading the data. This has been fixed by altering project plans however problem remains for few users even though they have really small set of tasks in their timesheet).

Case 2: For some reasons, timesheet creation fails. However, timesheet record can be found in published database but not in reporting database and when user tries to recreate the timesheet, an error "LastError=GeneralObjectAlreadyExists" which is because of record already existing in Published database.

Perhaps this could be data synchronization issue between published and reporting database?

Could someone please advise if you have encountered these issues before.

Many Thanks,

Ash

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:13 AM