Registry Scan/Fix RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anybody know of a good registry scan/fix tool for Windows XP SP3 machines free or otherwise?

NelcBoy.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 10:15 AM

All replies

• Try Piriforms Crap Cleaner (CCleaner). It does a Registry scan and fix. It will also clean all sorts of other junk from your computer safely. In general, I would advise staying away from Registry cleaners and if you are gonna use one, make sure you backup your entire registry first and make a backup after every time you use them to clean your registry (or at least a backup of the changes you made). CCleaner will allow you to backup the changes it makes to your registry to a file, but it will not make the initial backup of your entire registry. You may need to run it several times before it fixes all the issues it finds. You can make the initial backup of your registry by clicking Start, Run, and then typing regedit and pressing enter. Right click on My Computer and choose 'Export'. Save the file somewhere where it won't get deleted by mistake. If you are having specific issues with your registry like your computer won't boot for example, or issues with your registry/computer from being infected by spyware/malware/viruses then you are better off explaining what problems you have in here. Once again, I would advise against you using such software unless you really have a problem as the windows registry will normal fill up with lots of what that kind of software call 'invalid' entries. Hope that helps.
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:49 PM
  • Thanks,

I will take it under advisement.

Friday, May 20, 2011 1:07 PM