Performance Point Server (PPS) without Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI, I am new to PPS and I want to use PPS services without using Sharepoint. Can someone please guide me what exactly i have to do and how ..... Also had one more query can PPS run without support of SSAS.

Thanks in anticipation ......

Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sons,

WSS or MOSS is a prerequisite for PerformancePoint Server installation.   Please take a look into the product prerequisite posted in the Deployment Guide http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794650(TechNet.10).aspx

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:00 PM
  • In response to your second question, PPS can run without SSAS (at least the Monitoring and Analytics piece). Data sources can include relational databases, flat files, etc. Therefore, you could pull data from sources other than SSAS and have valid KPIs. On the report side, some only connect to SSAS, but others will work against other sources.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:52 PM
  •  

Hi Sunder ....

Thanx for the prompt reply. But I found another post saying it is possible.

Check out following link and let me know if you have any idea about it.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3655119&SiteID=17

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:23 AM
  • Hey Craig,

Thanx for a prompt reply ..... but can u plz ellaborate it more. I m very new to PPS and using it. So if you can help with it. My exact requirement is to generate certain analytical reports. Thanx again

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:29 AM
  • Hi Sons,

While reviewing the thread mentioned above preview option is correct ASP.NET is NOT supported, check this thread http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3655801&SiteID=17

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:06 PM
  • Hi,

Thanx to all who have replied to my post and tried helping me out.

But I am still stucked.

Any help in this regards is highly appreciated.

I had tried deploying the PPS dashboard in my custom asp.net site in 2 ways, but got in a fix -

1) I copied the Preview site and tried to modify it like an ast.net application. But in this way, I am getting an error on following line -

<PPSWebPartsStick out tonguearameterizableWebPart id="WebPart_89f871a38b734fecb1940ab746e9f3bf" Title="PerformancePoint" runat="server" ChromeType="TitleOnly" PercentageOfPageWidth="100" PercentageOfPageHeight="50" DashboardId="5735e5faef844f2785b51b0c6d9b8f88" DashboardItems="89f871a38b734fecb1940ab746e9f3bf">

Error is - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

2) I added the web reference of the PmService.asmx and tried to use it for creating report. By this way i could get the names of all the dashboards that I had previously created using Dashboard Designer. But when I am trying to open any particular dashboard using

PmServer.GlobalServer.GetReportView(Guid)

I am getting following error on above line

"A connection string is missing from the configuration file. Add Bpm.ConnectionString to the web.config file."

I need some urgent help on this.

Please guide me with exact steps for achieving this.

Thanx once again.

Monday, August 4, 2008 2:00 PM