none
Administrator user getting re-synchronized RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Using Project On-Line, one of our users was getting removed from the Administrator security group where we had assigned him.  Note the Queue Job Type = "Synchronize Project Web App Permissions to Project Web App" happens every day at a little past 12am Redmond WA time.  And, the

We do not use Active Directory. So, PWA > Server Settings > "Active Directory Enterprise Resource Pool Synchronization" is not used and/ or set.  I noticed that the Administrator security group was the only one that was reporting that it had been sync'ed at a time which coincided with the Queue info mentioned in previous paragraph.

From the PWA > Server Settings > Manage Groups page, I checked "Active Directory Group Sync Options".  The "Enable Schedule Synchronization" option was selected.  Is this set by default?  I disabled it now.  If we manage our resources manually, is it safe to assume that this is the correct setting?

The Administrator group page, had "Company Administrators" in its "Active Directory Group" field.  Is it there by default???  I cleared it and left it blank now.  Hopefully it won't do it again. 

What perplexes me is that I had a half dozen other users assigned to the Administrator group, and only this one user is getting removed from the Administrators group.  Any reasons why that is?

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 5:37 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes in Project Online the Active Directory group sync is enabled by default and can be disabled - just make sure you never remove all the Admins and lock yourself out etc.! Company Admins is the default group synchronised with the Admin group. Maybe this user was not a Company Admin..

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes in Project Online the Active Directory group sync is enabled by default and can be disabled - just make sure you never remove all the Admins and lock yourself out etc.! Company Admins is the default group synchronised with the Admin group. Maybe this user was not a Company Admin..

Paul

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:26 PM
  • Great. Thank you. Follow on question... I am wondering and maybe wishful thinking..., since there is a "Company Administrator" AD group, is there other such groups that can be used to Synchronize with E.g., Portfolio Viewers, Portfolio Managers, Resource Managers, Team Leads, etc.

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:46 PM
  • You can create your own custom groups in the Office 365 Admin Center, click the Groups link on the left hand menu, on the groups page click the + icon and give the group a name. Once the group is created you can add users into it.

Paul

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:53 PM