Can't make calls from PSTN gateway to Lync RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get my new Lync server to work with my PSTN gateway. Incoming calls from the gateway are failing with the error "The routing rules did not result in a final response for PSTN caller and non-UM enabled callee".

I'm struggling to find any documentation that explains what could be causing this. My topology is about as simple as possible -- Standard Edition server, colocated with Mediation server.

I have a single Dial Plan to translate 10D -> E.164. One Voice Policy to associate all E.164 numbers with my single PSTN Usage, which points to my Route, which itself points to my solitary PSTN Gateway. As far as I can tell, this config all refers to outbound calls.

For inbound calls, I have a Pool level Trunk Configuration for my PSTN gateway, with a translation rule for 10D -> E.164. My incoming calls are in 10D format, but from the logs it looks like it's never triggering the translation rule (when I look at the messages in Snooper, they are all 10D). The user I'm trying to dial has a sip address of the form "sip:alice@fqdn", and a line URI in E.164 format.

Any idea what I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Friday, August 17, 2012 2:00 AM

Answers

• Turns out that this was actually a firewall issue between the Lync server and client.

I still can't see any logs stating that Lync server tried and failed to make a connection; I'd accept any answer which provides instructions on how to figure that out from the server logs. The 480 error message is pretty misleading.

• Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, September 6, 2012 6:39 AM
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:17 AM

All replies

• Turns out that this was actually a firewall issue between the Lync server and client.

I still can't see any logs stating that Lync server tried and failed to make a connection; I'd accept any answer which provides instructions on how to figure that out from the server logs. The 480 error message is pretty misleading.

• Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, September 6, 2012 6:39 AM
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:17 AM
  • So you have solved your issue, which port did you block?

Can you post your log here?

Regards,

Lisa

Monday, August 20, 2012 6:17 AM