WSUS client RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guy's,

I am unsure of what is happening here.

I have a downstream server which is configured to accept client updates via a GPO. However, I have a Group Named computers which the GPO is linked to. All my servers are in this Group. All servers appear in the WSUS console bar one. I cannot see any difference in this server to any other ones in the same group.

I am able to ping the server from the WSUS downstream AND upstream servers by IP and DNS name. I have checked the registry on the offending server and it is picking up from the downstream server as it should.

Can anyone let me know of how I am able to trouble shoot this issue further.

I am pulling my hair out here trying to find out what the issue is.

Regards.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:15 PM

All replies

• If you look in the registry of the client OS under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate, you should see your WSUS Group (target group if i remember).  The target group specified in the GPO should be in the registry of the client OS.

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:10 PM
  • Hi cthivierge,

Ok thanks for that I will check tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:27 PM
  • Hi,

If you want these computers can be listed in specified computer group you may configure group policy entries "Specify intranet Microsoft update service location" and "Enable client-side targeting" :

Also , configure WSUS server options ""Computers" :

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi cthivierge and Elton, 

I have checked the registry and can see that the server is pointing at its upstream for the updates which is correct. Also, the Options settings are set to use Group Policy.

Yet I still CANNOT see this server in the WSUS console?

Any other ideas that I could try troubleshooting?

Regards.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:45 AM
  • It may be caused by a duplicate clientID in the WSUS database.

Try to delete the susclientID and SusClientIDValidation from the registry of yout client Server

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-WSUS-Authorization-2e26d1b0

Then restart the Windows Updates services

and then reset authorization using --> wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:40 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 2:59 PM