Server sizing guide for v5 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have a server sizing guide for v5?  

For 10k-15k computers should I break up the 3 processes and load balance the manager and publisher?

Thanks,

Jason

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:10 PM

Answers

• See Aarons' answer : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mdopappv/thread/a814f03b-8283-494e-b7a2-55fe29d717b8
    • Marked as answer by oliphanj Friday, April 19, 2013 8:22 PM
    Friday, April 19, 2013 8:18 PM

All replies

• See Aarons' answer : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mdopappv/thread/a814f03b-8283-494e-b7a2-55fe29d717b8
    • Marked as answer by oliphanj Friday, April 19, 2013 8:22 PM
    Friday, April 19, 2013 8:18 PM
  • Thanks Ben.

That also sucks because now what am I suppose to do get a PFE to tell me how to size my environment?

Jason

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:22 PM
  • Does anyone have a server sizing guide for v5?  

For 10k-15k computers should I break up the 3 processes and load balance the manager and publisher?

Thanks,

Jason

I don't think you need to talke to PFE to answer this question. The answer is absolutely yes. 

If you have an environment of that size, any degradation of service is going to affect a lot of people. The publishing server and management server provide no load balancing themselves. Both components are based on IIS, so you would treat this just like any other web service.

Put them behind a dedicated load balancer (e.g. NetScaler VPX or MPX) to provide HA. Monitor the environment as users are on-boarded and scale out as required.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Friday, April 19, 2013 10:18 PM