none
"Enterprise is missing" error when installing MSI using Transform on Quiet and Passive

Question

• Hello!

I'm trying to install an MSI file using an an MST transform file I created using Advanced Installer. 

I'm working to install MasterWorks (by Avitru) using an MSI file that I extracted from an EXE file using this command:

<file.exe> /s /x /b"<target-folder>" /v"/qn"

The installation goes through fine using the transform with user interaction (all I'm doing is pressing Next -- the GUI doesn't require any new input/info to continue), but when I try to install on Passive or Quiet, I get the error "Cannot proceed with silent install. Enterprise is missing".

What could be causing this error?

The end game here is to create a distribution package that I can install quietly using Ivanti/Landesk Endpoint Manager. I am working on a Win 8.1 machine, but the goal is to run this installation on machines running Windows 7, 8, and 10.

Thank you!!

• Edited by Leoneke Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:13 PM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Based on your description, I suggest you submit a new case on Windows Desktop Development forum as they will be more professional on your issue:
    This is the Windows Desktop Development forum link.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
    Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:15 AM
  • Thank you very much!
    Friday, September 14, 2018 5:20 PM