none
BI Timesheet Audit Report - sub-status report shows incorrect status manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

We use Project Server 2013 and use the Timesheet Audit per Timesheet Manager report and had a substatus report added to it so we could see where in the process of approval each resources timesheets were. We use a two-step approval process so the project status managers have to approval all project tasks before the timesheet can go for overall approval by the line managers.<o:p></o:p>

Recently we've had a couple of instances where in this report a totally different status manager is shown as the one an approval is pending with rather than who is actually the status manager. <o:p></o:p>

In these cases it is not down to the fact that it has been changed recently and the project not yet published to reflect the changes to the server, the incorrect status manager is not even someone who has previously been a status manager for a task, never been the schedule owner or had anything to do with the project at all.<o:p></o:p>

However the actual task approval is in the correct status manager's approval center so it seems to just be that the report is giving incorrect information as to who has the pending approval.<o:p></o:p>

Our own Administrators of the system are stumped and we are having to wait for another incidence of this to report it for Dynamics to look into, but just wondering if anyone else here has ever experienced this issue?<o:p></o:p>

Thanks in advance.<o:p></o:p>

Thursday, February 12, 2015 3:43 PM

All replies

• PMOLady,

No, I have not seen this issue before.

If the schedule shows the correct status manager, and the task is showing up for approval to the correct status manager, then, as you say, the report is to blame.

I would check the query that the report is using, an see if there is a miscalculation there. Without that query info/or more details on the report, I am not sure we can help!

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, February 12, 2015 9:37 PM