none
Unable to sync pc with phone due to administrator permission RRS feed

• Question

• I am the sole owner and user of my pc.  My account is setup as administrator.  While trying to use my phone companion, it says I don't have sync permissions contact the administrator.  I am the administrator.  I don't know where to run as administrator nor do I see a reason I wouldn't automatically be running as administrator.  I want permission to sync my phone and computer. How can I make it to where I am automatically running as administrator? I am using an HP laptop 255 G6 and it has windows 10 1903.  My phone is a Samsung J3 Prime also up to date.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:10 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Did you login computer with a Microsoft account?

Make sure the Microsoft account is an administrator account. As we are not sure when did the issue occur, it would be useful to specify the issue if you upload a error screen shot here. 

Here is a link for phone companion configuration step by step.

https://wccftech.com/set-up-and-use-your-phone-app-on-windows-10-how-to/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 1:48 PM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result.
    If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 29, 2019 1:31 AM