Night light in Windows Server 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows Server 2019 build 17709, on my machine, Night Light seems blocked. I have helped someone install the same WS 2019 build on a machine that is hardware identical to my own, in there it Works. Almost the same software was on both machines, just some differences: 1) My machine has a slightly different firmware (UEFI) version, I guess. Also, in the past, I have tried to dual boot Windows Server with another US and the bootloader seems to have some leftovers in the UEFI and I can not re-flash it to get it to be as new; 2) I have a special font installed, build for XP, years ago. 3) I have installed a special direct connection software, in order to transfer files with it. Would any of theese or combination cause Night Light to be unavailbale?
    Monday, July 16, 2018 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

>>Night Light seems blocked

Did you mean the blue light filter appears grayed out and there is no way to enable the feature?

Please take a screenshot and upload the images in our forum directly. This will help us understand your issue better.

Also check if the following link is helpful:

night light grayed out

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/night-light-grayed-out/e9b5f155-ebc8-4ac5-86b2-297676fe8c10

Please note: This link contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 6:29 AM
  • Hi ,
    Just want to confirm the current situations.
    Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.               
    Best Regards,
    Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, July 19, 2018 6:48 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates about this issue?

Best Regards,

Candy

Friday, July 20, 2018 9:09 AM
  • Thank for your replies. On build 17713 issues are still present.  are absent in Regedit. The registry keys suggested in the link you gave previously Since on a hardware identical machine of someone else where the same build is running now Night Light is present, the only probable cause seems to be the UEFI firmware. There the machine is running a different version of the Lenovo UEFI firmware. On my machine, there is a different version that is not intact, but it was modified without my consent by a bootloader I used a year ago to dual boot Windows Server 2016 and a non-Windows-os. That bootloader installed a piece of itself in the UEFI without me realising this, I can still see it in the boot menu. I can not re-flash the UEFI, the installers provided by Lenovo for my machine do not work. This is a screenshot, but I do not think I helps much.

Friday, July 20, 2018 11:15 AM