Task sequence stuck in the installation phase RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We have a task sequence deployment that works well on other servers but for the 2012 R2 server it is stuck in the installation phasee ven after I restarted this server, it is still installing! I am trying to check its SMSTS log to troubleshoot it but how can I stop it?
    Wednesday, June 3, 2020 9:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to select the collection it belongs to and then at the bottom of the workspace you will see 3 tabs: Summary, Deployments and Custom Client settings. Just select Deployments, then right-click on the deployment you want to remove and delete it.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by PratikP1981 Thursday, June 4, 2020 2:03 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2020 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to select the collection it belongs to and then at the bottom of the workspace you will see 3 tabs: Summary, Deployments and Custom Client settings. Just select Deployments, then right-click on the deployment you want to remove and delete it.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by PratikP1981 Thursday, June 4, 2020 2:03 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2020 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet and we're glad that the question is solved now. If you have any questions in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Larry

Friday, June 5, 2020 8:38 AM