Text box gluing together & Picture grouping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I inserted text boxes in the document and sometimes I need to move them around. However, quite often when I move one text box, another one will be picked and moved at the same time and I cannot  which is very annoying. How can I avoid that to happen?

Also in 2007 version, I cannot group pictures together and have to use the previous version to do that. How can I group pictures together in the new version?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

We suggest post one question per thread to avoid any confusion of the separate issues.

Please check Text boxes properties, make sure all text boxes did not group.

You can refer to this article "Move a picture, shape, text box, or WordArt"

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/move-a-picture-shape-text-box-or-wordart-HA010202049.aspx#BM14

How to group Picture

1.       Right-click each picture that you want to group, and on the shortcut menu, point to Text Wrapping.

2.       Click Square or any option other than In Line with Text.

3.       Insert a drawing canvas. On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Shapes, and then click New Drawing Canvas.

4.       Cut and paste the pictures that you want to group onto the drawing canvas.

5.       Select the pictures that you want to group.
    For more information about selecting pictures, see
    Select a shape or other object.

6.       Under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click Group, and then click Group.
    If you do not see the Picture Tools or Format tabs, make sure that you selected a picture or other object.

7.       Drag the grouped pictures off the drawing canvas.

8.       Select the drawing canvas, and then press DELETE.

NOTES

• After you group pictures or other objects, you can continue to select any single picture or object within the group. Select the group, and then click the individual picture or object that you want to select.
    • You cannot group pictures and other objects across multiple programs.

"Group or ungroup shapes, pictures, or other objects in Word 2007"

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/group-or-ungroup-shapes-pictures-or-other-objects-in-word-2007-HA010238479.aspx?CTT=1#BM4

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards

William Zhou
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:30 AM