none
Windows 10 Privacy Settings

Question

• Hi everyone :)

There are 2 privacy options in Windows 10 I need to turn off only via registry of cmd/bat:

Settings > Privacy > Location (The above button, not below radio button)

Settings > Privacy > Speech, inking & typing > Stop getting to know me

The above 2 items I'm looking for, if anyone can kindly help me :)

Cheers.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi OSVBNET,

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know, there's no build-in group policy settings to change them. You may try to use Process Monitor to capture related registry keys. You may refer to the article below.

Using Process Monitor to Troubleshoot and Find Registry Hacks

http://www.howtogeek.com/school/sysinternals-pro/lesson5/all/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

And also it is not recommended make changes in the registry, you may also need to confirm in windows 10 forum that if there's any risk if you make the change. Besides, you need to backup the registry in case of changing back.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:22 AM
  • Hi Mary,

Thank you for your help, but I already used Process Monitor and either didn't found or there were no data to find, I'm not very good at Process Monitor.

However, that's why I've posted the above o see if anyone know the registry address or a command to turn off:

Settings > Privacy > Location (The above button, not below radio button)

Settings > Privacy > Speech, inking & typing > Stop getting to know me

Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:50 AM