none
Ad Blocker for Edge? New twist RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I discovered that Edge team made their efforts to hide unwanted adds. 
    It had been promised for Windows 10 anniversary and looks like it's been done.

It was done, I think, by defining  (or, rather, redefining) classes most often seen in advertisements.
    These classes are defined with style="display:none !important"
    Edge inserts the classes in the HTML source as inline classes and they take precedence over classes defined in .css files.
    It's a lot of them, those classes. They start with .adarea-long, .adb-728x90, .adback, .adbadge ..., etc.
    Bright idea.

Unfortunately, we used one of the classes in out intranet app and it stopped showing what we want to be shown.
    Yes, it still works in all the other browsers.

Is that a bug ?

We don't want neither rename our classes nor add more context to increase specificity of the styles.

What is the best way of handling that ?

Thanks

Oleg Slyusarchuk

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Oleg Slyusarchuk,

According to your description, your intranet app may be blocked like advertisement. Adblock has powerful feature, it could block a lot of things including some important information. Based on my search and knowledge, there is no good way temporarily. I suggest that we may take use of the Feedback App to submit suggestions, or submit directly using the feedback function in Microsoft Edge. Also I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 30, 2016 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Oleg Slyusarchuk,

According to your description, your intranet app may be blocked like advertisement. Adblock has powerful feature, it could block a lot of things including some important information. Based on my search and knowledge, there is no good way temporarily. I suggest that we may take use of the Feedback App to submit suggestions, or submit directly using the feedback function in Microsoft Edge. Also I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 30, 2016 7:34 AM
  • Done. Thanks

Oleg Slyusarchuk

Friday, September 30, 2016 3:48 PM