none
DNS is registering APIPA address

Question

•  

Hello All, i hope someone can help me

I have 10 AD DC's with DNS server running on each server located in 10 offices and are all connected

Recently I re-ip all servers
    DNS management shows all server, servername’s (type HOST A) with correct ip addresses
    But with AD integrated with DNS you also see name such as ( same as parent folder) host a and dc ip address
    One of the ( same as parent folder) entry has ip 169.254.221.123. when I remove it, it comes back
    I checked all servers and none have dhcp or the above ip address and WINS is not registering above ip address
    My question is: “ who” or how I get this in my DNS server and/or how can I fix it?

Thank You
    Friday, August 10, 2007 7:17 PM

Answers

• Check to see if there are any unused NICs on your machines.  If so, try disabling them.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:46 PM

All replies

• Check to see if there are any unused NICs on your machines.  If so, try disabling them.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:46 PM

I know this is an old thread but I had the same problem and this was the solution. On servers with multiple NICs it's apparently best to disable any unused ports (at least on an HPE Proliant server). Otherwise they'll try to obtain an IP even with no cable connected.
    Friday, May 18, 2018 3:47 PM