none
Downgrading from Professional to LTSB

Question

• How do I downgrade my PC from Win 10 Professional to Win 10 LTSB ?

This is to ensure that I have full control over unwanted addons - such as cortana and edge !

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Steeboo,

Windows 10 LTSB omits a lot of the new stuff in Windows 10. It doesn’t come with the Windows Store, Cortana, or Microsoft Edge browser. Because Windows 10 LTSB is only available for the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, you also get all the Enterprise-only features you can’t get on the Home and Professional editions of Windows 10.

How to get Windows 10 LTSB

Windows 10 LTSB is only available as part of Windows 10 Enterprise. And Windows 10 Enterprise is only available to an organization with a volume licensing agreement. if you’re part of an organization with a volume licensing program, you’re free to install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB instead of Windows 10 Enterprise on your PCs.

Also Microsoft offers ISO images with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB as part of its 90-day Enterprise evaluation program. You can download the ISO file–be sure to select “Windows 10 LTSB” instead of “Windows 10” when downloading–and install it on your own PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Hi Steeboo,

Windows 10 LTSB omits a lot of the new stuff in Windows 10. It doesn’t come with the Windows Store, Cortana, or Microsoft Edge browser. Because Windows 10 LTSB is only available for the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, you also get all the Enterprise-only features you can’t get on the Home and Professional editions of Windows 10.

How to get Windows 10 LTSB

Windows 10 LTSB is only available as part of Windows 10 Enterprise. And Windows 10 Enterprise is only available to an organization with a volume licensing agreement. if you’re part of an organization with a volume licensing program, you’re free to install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB instead of Windows 10 Enterprise on your PCs.

Also Microsoft offers ISO images with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB as part of its 90-day Enterprise evaluation program. You can download the ISO file–be sure to select “Windows 10 LTSB” instead of “Windows 10” when downloading–and install it on your own PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

If I download an evaluation version of LTSB - Will I be able to transfer my Pro licence to use it permanantly ?
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:20 AM
  • Hi Steeboo,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid that we couldn't transfer the licence. Because LTSB is a Enterprise version. So we need a LTSB licence.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 11:13 AM