none
URGENT: Unable to open project, no valid Project Detail Page could be found for the project. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

This issue has gotten me completely worked up. and the project server workflow history list isn't helping matters. It just says "access denied".. access for who to what are my questions???? This is happening both with the sample proposal workflow(OTB) and the DMDynamic workflow i deployed from solution starter pack. Any body who can rescue me here pleaseeeeeeee???!!!

Thanks..

• Edited by bami131 Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:58 PM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:57 PM

All replies

• Go to the PDP for the workflow and add at least the SCHEDULE form.  This is usually the missing form.  However it could be others that are required based on your workflow.

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:24 AM
  • The error message in the subject line, which does't display in the screen shot, tells me there's a possibility that either the EPT has lost all of its stage associations or the stages have lost their PDP associations. I have seen this happen before, and I have no idea why it happens.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Hello Gary,

How do u mean "error message in the subject line"?

I'm so confused as to what is causing this issue. So what do u suggest as regards moving forward to resolve this issue?  Does this mean I have to create all the EPT, PDPs, Phases and Stages again?

Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:07 PM
  • As Gary mentioned above, the problem is in your subject line for post.

A few things to check

• Check your EPT has a PDP selected in the New Project Page option.
    • Check each stage configured has PDP's selected and available.
    • Check that the Project Details Pages library still exists, and the permissions are correct (your error says Access Denied)
    • If you need something to refer to, spin up a separate PWA instance and use the settings and configuration to verify.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Friday, February 15, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Check the associations first. It's unlikely for content to disappear, but it seems that associations can be volatile.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, February 15, 2013 6:14 PM
  • As well as the great advice above, the ULS logs may give more detail around what is going wrong - and potentially the "Access Denied" message.  ULS logs can be found at c:\program files\common files\Microsoft shared\web server extensions\14\logs.  You may need to adjust the verbosity of messages to see what you need (SharePoint Central Admin, Monitoring.)

Have you migrated this PWA site at all?  Certainly the error in your subject line is typical of a 4 database restore where a new content database is used against an existing set of PWA databases.

Best regards,

Brian

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:43 PM
    Owner