none
Change in Eglobal Reports not reflected in project files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I created some reports in Enterprise Global a while back, working as expected.

Today I made some changes in these reports in Enterprise Global, saved and checked in Enterprise Global.
    However the changes I made are not reflecting in the reports in the project files, they still show the older version of the reports.

I did restart the project client, even deleted local cache en reopened Eglobal to check that my reports were saved correctly.

Am I overlooking something?
    Not really looking to forward to manually update the reports in all the project files :)

best regards,

Roel

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 8:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Ben,

I found the issue (which I caused myself of course).

I overlooked the fact that the original report was not created in e-global, but in the template I use to create new projects.
    Even though I eventually copied these reports to eglobal, it will keep the "local" version of the report in the project file when I update it in e-global.

The newly renamed reports in e-global, do update correctly in the project files when I make changes in e-global.

Thank you for your patience and assistance in getting me to this conclusion.

• Marked as answer by RoelSneiders Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Roel,

I've just been able to do this, so not sure what you are missing.  If you use the organiser, do you see the reports in the Eglobal?

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 5:07 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thank you for your response.

Not sure I understand your question correctly, but;

When I open Enterprise Global, I see the adjusted, correct reports in Checked-Out Enterprise Global.

When I open a project however, I still have the old/original version of the reports in the project file.
    I also do not get a popup asking whether I want to overwrite or replace something, which usually happens when I make adjustments to a view (which works very well).

I can of course manually copy them with the organizer and overwrite the report in the specific project file, but I don't think that should be needed.

I just renamed the adjusted report and when opening a project file, it now shows up as a new report in the file. but preferably, I want to update the current report and not create a new one for every small change I make.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:16 AM
  • Hi Roel,

You could do the following....

1. Open your project that has the reports in it.

2. Open the Enterprise global

3. Use the organiser to copy the reports from the project to the e-global.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:28 AM
  • Hi Ben,

The reports are correct in e-global, they just don't update with the changes in the project file.

That being said, I tried that;
    - removed the existing reports from e-global
    - copied the updated reports to e-global
    - saved and restarted clients

When opening a project file, it still shows the old version of the report in the client.

The only way I can get the updated report into the project file, seems to be by renaming the report in e-global so ut creates a new report in the project file, or manually copying the report from checked-out e-global to the project.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Hi Ben,

I found the issue (which I caused myself of course).

I overlooked the fact that the original report was not created in e-global, but in the template I use to create new projects.
    Even though I eventually copied these reports to eglobal, it will keep the "local" version of the report in the project file when I update it in e-global.

The newly renamed reports in e-global, do update correctly in the project files when I make changes in e-global.

Thank you for your patience and assistance in getting me to this conclusion.

• Marked as answer by RoelSneiders Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:29 AM