none
Multiple web part errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have upgraded Project Server 2007 to 2010 version. Now on some pages I see problem with stale webparts:

Web Part Error: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.

Is it normal behavior after upgrade and do I need to remove ErrorWebPart entries for all pages on PWA site?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi epm fan,

We have seen this condition when upgrading and you are right that they are just remnants left over from 2007.  You can just delete these error web parts from each of the pages where you see this duplication.  Could you tell me how you did your upgrade?  I think the scenario you would se this is 5 db attach full upgrade.  Did you comes from just Project Server 2007 or did you have MOSS too.  This doesn't appear to be happening in all circumstances and it would be good to confirm when it does occur.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Marked as answer by epm fan Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:51 AM
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:23 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hello epm fan,

Are these standard out of the box web parts or they custom or 3rd party web parts.

Cheers!

Michael WHarton, MBA, PMP, mCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 3:13 PM
  • Hello epm fan,

Are these standard out of the box web parts or they custom or 3rd party web parts.

Cheers!

Michael WHarton, MBA, PMP, mCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com

Thanks for reply.

We didn't use any custom web parts on Project Server 2007. I suppose, web parts from 2007 version were not replaced by new web parts. For example, on project center page there were 1 webpart and after upgrade I see 2: Project Center and Error one. When I add ?contents=1 to the project center page url, I see 2 webparts with types ProjectCenterPart and ErrorWebPart. The same situation on other pages.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:48 AM
  • Hi epm fan,

We have seen this condition when upgrading and you are right that they are just remnants left over from 2007.  You can just delete these error web parts from each of the pages where you see this duplication.  Could you tell me how you did your upgrade?  I think the scenario you would se this is 5 db attach full upgrade.  Did you comes from just Project Server 2007 or did you have MOSS too.  This doesn't appear to be happening in all circumstances and it would be good to confirm when it does occur.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Marked as answer by epm fan Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:51 AM
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:23 PM
    Owner
  • Hi epm fan,

Best regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian, thanks for help. Additional info:

1. Full database migration path
    2. PS 2007 SP2 + MOSS
    3. Customized Tasks.aspx page with Content editor web part.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 8:33 AM
  • Hi Brian,

it's just happened to me and I followed the standard migration steps for the full dbs (4 x pwa + 1 x content). Everything went perfect except this.

I checked the ?contents=1 page in the old environment and at the home page we only have the Reminders and Workspaces Sites webparts and in the 2010 environment we have this 2 webparts (Reminders and Project Sites) and also 2 ErrorWebParts.

We got 0 errors from the migration/upgrade log (We also had to install first the December 2010 CU because of some language pack errors and project server fixes)

After your explanation I understand that I can delete the WebPartError from each page where it is appearing, isn't it?

Monday, February 28, 2011 9:45 AM