none
Re-register Azure Backup Server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm searched several topics and am unable to register an Azure Backup Server. A SQL Server Service Pack update killed the entire configuration of the Data Protection Manager Database. I had to remove the Azure Backup Server Install as well as SQL Server 2014.

I've reinstalled Azure Backup Server and am reconfiguring it now.

I've looked for:

"In Windows Azure Management go to Recovery Services select the Backup Vault go to server tab select server and bottom middle click Allow Re-Registration."

And this DOES NOT EXIST ANYWHERE in my Azure Portal.

So how do I allow re-registration?

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:32 PM

All replies

• I'm now attempting to reinstall Microsoft Azure Backup but it keeps failing.

Microsoft Azure backup installation has failed. To return the server to its original state, you must uninstall Microsoft Azure Backup by using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. This will remove all files and components copied during installation.
    For details, click the Error tab.

The DPM database was not created.

Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove the DPM files and registry entries that were created during Setup. Verify that SQL Server is properly installed and that it is running, and then run Setup again.

ID: 811

The More information link redirects me to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=620846&clcid=0x409 which provides me absolutely no information of Assistance.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:55 PM
  • Short of Blowing out the server, I've had no success getting Microsoft Azure Backup reinstalled. Continues to fail with the same error code. ID: 811

Any Ideas?

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:01 PM