Seprate Silent installation proofing tools 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i am trying to do a silent installation of MS proofing tools 2010.

On my cliënts office 2010 is already installed.

I am trying to do this with the following config.xml

<Configuration Product="Proofkit">

<!-- <Display Level="full" CompletionNotice="yes" SuppressModal="no" AcceptEula="YES" /> -->

<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Proofkit Setup(*).txt" /> -->

<!-- <USERNAME Value="Customer" /> -->

<!-- <COMPANYNAME Value="Customer" /> -->

<!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->

<!-- <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> -->

<!-- <LIS SOURCELIST="\\share\server\location of office 2010" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\\share\server\location of office 2010" /> -->

<!-- <OptionState Id="OptionID" State="absent" Children="force" /> -->

<!-- <Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="IfNeeded" /> -->

<!-- <Command Path="%windir%\system32\msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" /> -->

</Configuration>

I have tried this with MDT of working directory to the installation-dir of the proofing tools, and with the following quiet install:

setup.exe /config \\server\share\Proofing\ProofKit.WW\config.xml

This is still not working well.

What is needed to create a full working application-task sequence for MS proofing tools 2010?

Thx

Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

setup.exe /config Proofing\ProofKit.WW\config.xml should work, since the working directory is set to the folder of the designated application. In this case, your proofing tool application directory.

Another way to do it, is to create an install.cmd and use "%~DP0" but that takes a bit away the use of having applications.

A third option which I wonder if you have looked into, is that MDT recognizes other Microsoft (especially Office related) products, and provide an additional property pane on your application properties, where you can address these specific settings and properties.

I think this will even work better!

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:18 PM