Redirect use on first time login to SharePoint 2007 system (Form Authentication SQL) RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i have a site in sharepoint 2007 in FBA. i want when a user logged in first time he/she has to redirect to Change Password page.

Thanks and Regards

Er.Pradipta Nayak
    Visit my Blog
    ISHIR

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Pradipta Nayak,

You can develop a web part to accomplish your requirement. The web part should perform these steps in the code.

1. Develop the web part and detect the authentication method of current user.
    2. If the authentication method is form based, switch a flag which indicate the user is first log in in the web part. This flag should be a web part property which can be persisted per user.
    3. Redirect the page to the change password page.

Add this web part to the main page.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

Lambda Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Pradipta Nayak,

You can develop a web part to accomplish your requirement. The web part should perform these steps in the code.

1. Develop the web part and detect the authentication method of current user.
    2. If the authentication method is form based, switch a flag which indicate the user is first log in in the web part. This flag should be a web part property which can be persisted per user.
    3. Redirect the page to the change password page.

Add this web part to the main page.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

Lambda Zhao

Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:54 AM
  • your are absolutly right. but i want to code where do i authenticate.

Thanks and Regards

Er.Pradipta Nayak
    Visit my Blog
    ISHIR

Friday, May 18, 2012 11:55 AM
  • You may write a httpmodule to redirect the url while authenticate.

Lambda Zhao

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:36 AM