Regular 3036 event every day same time RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting the following every morning at roughly the same time.

The content source <ONEINDEX14://{S-1-5-21-2987587682-1074968332-1067063631-1001}/> cannot be accessed.

Context:  Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
          (HRESULT : 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

I've twice tried Indexing Options->Advanced->Rebuild. Still get the same error.

My indexed locations are:

-C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\Visio Content\(Unavailable)
    -Internet Explorer History
    -Microsoft OneNote
    -Microsoft Outlook
    -Offline files
    -Windows Sticky Notes

If you take a look at the "content source" in the error details, you see "OneIndex14." I've read here that's a reference to OneNote, which I don't use.

These REGULAR DAILY 3036 events started after I rebuilt by index. I had gotten a 3036 with a MAPI reference. So I repaired Outlook's .pst file, rebuilt windows index, then allowed Outlook to rebuild its index. Outlook works fine now, but I'm getting a different 3036 error, the one above that refers to oneindex14.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if the event message means nothing and can be ignored (IS THIS THE CASE?) I'd like to be able to stop the message if there is a fix. It was clearly the rebuild that started the 3036 "oneindex14" error messege.

Thank you for your help.

WIN7/64 Pro

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:28 AM

Answers

• Thanks, Zeng. I solved the problem by rebuilding the index from the registry. Here's what I did: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search. I right clicked on the key and made sure administrator was owner and administrator had full permissions. Then in the right hand column, I double-clicked on setupcompleted and changed the value from 0 to 1, then rebooted. See any problems with this? Any followup I should know about?
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, June 3, 2011 2:51 AM
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry for delay.

Do you redirect profile folders to a network location? This error usually occurs when the offline folders synchronization is in process.Please check the following files:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote
    C:\Users\%username%\Documents\OneNote Notebooks

One of the files may be corrupt. I suggest you remove the cache files *.onecache. Then move the *.one files out of there one by one and check the result after each moving.

If the issue presisits, you may access Microsoft Corporation Office Forum ,for more information:

Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Category

Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:57 AM
  • Thanks, Zeng. I solved the problem by rebuilding the index from the registry. Here's what I did: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search. I right clicked on the key and made sure administrator was owner and administrator had full permissions. Then in the right hand column, I double-clicked on setupcompleted and changed the value from 0 to 1, then rebooted. See any problems with this? Any followup I should know about?
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, June 3, 2011 2:51 AM
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:40 PM
  • MLNorman - did this work?

This just started on my Win 7 Pro 64-bit machine.

Thanks.

glnzglnz
    ► In the office, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 4GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 32-bit and Office 2010.
    ► At home, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 16GB RAM dual-booting Win 7 Pro 64-bit (now with Office 365 Home) and Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
    ► Also still have Dell Optiplex 755 with 4GB RAM with Win XP Pro SP3 (which still gets updates with the POS hack) and Office 2003.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:38 PM
  • Yes, as far as I remember. I just checked admin logs and no 3036 events except with occasional glitches to Outlook 2010 searching, it sometimes appears.
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:02 PM
  • Hmm - mine was already at 000001.

I think maybe my problem has to do with OneNote, which I turned on for the first time only a few days ago.

Do you use OneNote?

glnzglnz
    ► In the office, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 4GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 32-bit and Office 2010.
    ► At home, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 16GB RAM dual-booting Win 7 Pro 64-bit (now with Office 365 Home) and Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
    ► Also still have Dell Optiplex 755 with 4GB RAM with Win XP Pro SP3 (which still gets updates with the POS hack) and Office 2003.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:30 PM
  • No I don't use OneNote. I've played with it a few times. Perhaps one of those started the 3036 event skein. Try taking OneNote out of the list of files to be indexed.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:21 PM
  • Hey, MLN - it was OneNote, at least on my Win 7 Pro 64-bit machine with O365 Home giving me Office 2016.

Yesterday, I removed OneNote from the list of areas to be searched, and this morning I did NOT get the daily 3036 error.

But ... this only means that Search fails where it should succeed.  Obviously, MS's intention was that Search be able to index OneNote (or OneNOte would never have appeared in the Search list).

Doesn't MS check these things?

glnzglnz

Friday, April 21, 2017 3:52 PM