Add a project custom field to a Enterprise project type in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

In my project there is requirement wherein I need to search Enterprise Project Types with certain parameters other than EPT name and GUID. So I was thinking about creating some custom fields and attaching it to the EPT.

So, is there anyway to do so either using exisitng feature or by using PSIs.

Also when I access the dataset using PSI for to view existing EPT details, I could see a project plan template GUID added to it. When I made a dataset of all the projects and templates using Project web svc, I could see a table for Project custom fields. So is there any linkage like custom fields --> project plan templates --> EPT?

Would really appreciate any help in thsi regard.

Thanks

Anshuman Dash
    Friday, December 9, 2011 12:28 PM

Answers

• Not sure I understand entirely, but let me try...

1) Fields are linked to Departments.  Similarly, EPTs may be linked to Departments.  Hence, if you have Field A assigned to Department 1, and EPT A assigned to Department 1, then Field A and EPT A are linked.

2) You can populate project fields in the template before you save it as a template.  As a result, when you select that EPT, the field is already populated.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 3:07 AM