Skype for Business CDR for abandoned calls RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a custom report for monthly call statistics but have found that abandoned calls (i.e. unanswered before deflection to Exchange UM) don't generate a record in the CDR database.

I've not been able to find any conclusive answer on TechNet which states that this is expected behaviour or any possible solution to the problem. The only thing I did find was from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204937.aspx which states "At the end of each call, SIP-compliant endpoints transmit this information to the Front End server that facilitated the call" which would suggest that the call has to be answered by an endpoint which can upload call information to a front end server (I.e. A Lync/SfB client) in order for a CDR to be generated. However, I'm confused by the term "SIP-compliant endpoints" as a CDR is generated when a call is forwarded to an external endpoint such as PSTN/mobile which cannot upload to the frontend server. In this scenario, the front end server must generate the CDR based on the response from the PSTN gateway which begs the question why isn't a CDR generated by the frontend server for abandoned calls.

Can anyone confirm absolutely that this is expected behaviour or whether I've missed some configuration step to get this working. Also, I'd be interested to know if there are any 3rd party products that are able to generate CDRs for abandoned calls. I suspect not as I guess they all rely on the CDR and QoEMetrics databases for their data.

Thanks in advance...

Thursday, January 5, 2017 12:07 PM

Answers

• Hi tobewah,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Based on my research, Lync Monitoring only logs connected calls. If a call comes in and then disconnected before being answered or directed to Voice mail there will be no log in Lync monitoring report, it’s by design behavior.

You could try use third party product PeterConnects, it will report missed calls on the IP phone.
    http://www.peterconnects.it/reporting-missed-calls

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Friday, January 6, 2017 9:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by tobewah Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:44 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2017 9:00 AM

All replies

• Hi tobewah,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Based on my research, Lync Monitoring only logs connected calls. If a call comes in and then disconnected before being answered or directed to Voice mail there will be no log in Lync monitoring report, it’s by design behavior.

You could try use third party product PeterConnects, it will report missed calls on the IP phone.
    http://www.peterconnects.it/reporting-missed-calls

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Friday, January 6, 2017 9:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by tobewah Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:44 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2017 9:00 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I suspected the answer might be that this is by design.

I have looked at the PeterConnects products but I don't think these will help in this situation as the missed call alerts they generate appear to be local to the device in the same way that missed call notifications are generated for UM enabled SfB client users. Also, we already have a range of endpoints deployed and working.

Are you aware of any 3rd party reporting products that generate CDRs for abandoned calls or do they all rely data from the existing CDR and QoEMetrics databases?

Thanks,

Friday, January 6, 2017 11:22 AM
  • Hi tobewah,

Thanks for your response.

Based on my research, there is no document describes which 3rd party product could generate the report of abandoned calls.

We suggest you provide the feedback with the following link, we will collect all your information and improve our product.
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by techliving Sunday, December 16, 2018 8:17 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by techliving Sunday, December 16, 2018 8:17 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 9:41 AM
  • I am currently looking into the CDR from your SBC and building this into our current reporting. I am in process of having this completed. My plan is to base it on disconnect codes from the SBC Syslog as this is there by default for Legacy systems, of course, this will generate more network traffic to the logging server which is expected. This is the expected behavior but building it in will also take some time testing all scenarios. Since you only filtering for certain criteria in Syslog only and hopefully you are presented with proper PSTN reason code or SIP disconnect reasons from your provider or it would mean correcting this first. I am not sure why this is not generated to the monitoring reports even though it is not focussed on quality this is a feature present in Legacy systems and having the conversation with a client is extremely difficult in scenarios where certain calls are avoided. I will update once we have completed and advise further. Microsoft please expedite!!!!!!

All I required for this to work is a the user-d be linked to the original user-id before or upon handoff to exchange with an extra field identifying the call as "external PSTN\Fed abandoned to exchange" or "internal PSTN\Fed abandoned to exchange" to filter in SQL.

But a random ID is generated for these calls unrelated UserID in the sessions details table https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/schema-reference/call-detail-recording-cdr-database-schema/sessiondetails for User1ID as per users table.

UserID - Unique number identifying this user. from user table - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/schema-reference/call-detail-recording-cdr-database-schema/users

I will advise further as I am still in process with this hurdle and hopefully helps someone save time.

• Edited by techliving Sunday, December 16, 2018 9:02 AM mistakes
    Sunday, December 16, 2018 8:58 AM