none
Event ID Application error 1000 MSPTLS.DLL error in microsoft word 2007

Question

• Hi all expert,

I need to generate the microsoft word related report by accessing our third-party application system through IE.  The system can export three types of the report (.doc, .xls, pdf) However, the microsoft office word always prompt error and hang during exporting the report from the system.  The excel and pdf type has no problem.  I have contacted the support who is responsible for the system and they said the system side has no problem since other users can export the report without any error.   I have downloaded and installed the most updated office service pack on my PC already, but the problem still exists. 

Please refer the software version and the related errors in the event log shown below for your reference.

OS version: Win7 Professional

IE version: 8

Office version: office 2007 standard SP3

Event log id:  Application error 1000

Failed application name: WINWORD.EXE, version: 12.0.6425.1000, time stamp:0x49d64d22

Failed module name: MSPTLS.DLL, version: 12.0.6421.1000, time stamp: 0x4993c9f7

Exception code: 0xc0000005

I would like to know what is the function of the file MSPTLS.DLL.  Is there any impact in the word program if I remove the file manually.

Would you please tell me what is the reason that is caused this problem?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:45 AM

Answers