none
Is there any way to avoid mail address duplication by MIIS ? RRS feed

• Question

• we use MIIS to exchange GAL sync, and sometimes mail address duplication happen by MIIS and user can not receive email.

I would like to avoid email address duplication caused by MIIS.

Is there any good way ?

Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:44 AM

All replies

• If you are using Synch Engine only (MIIS) only solution is to implement part of a solution which will take care about uniqueness of a e-mail address. This can be done:

- through external data source like SQL server where You will export all data and take care about generating unique name

- through logic in flow or provisioning code which will create unique value based on input source.

Monday, June 25, 2012 12:12 PM
  • If not an input source available and you are writing code, you can also look at Utils.FindMVEntries() as a possible way to determine if the name is used.  It can be kind of "expensive" to do that, though.  I've always found a way to avoid having to try it, since our ERP system generates unique IDs for everyone.

Chris

Monday, June 25, 2012 10:00 PM
  • yep, if you dont have a data source that maintains that uniquness you will have to create custom code and determine if it unique yourself.  I have used FindMVEntries many times and I don't think it is that "expensive" since it only gets used on create or when something changes (or full sync).

you could create a reusable function or just stick it right in the Import flow rule itself

Dim bIsUnique As Boolean = True
     Dim mvEntries() As MVEntry

mvEntry = Utils.FindMVEntries("mail", csentry("mail").StringValue)
                 if mvEntry.count > 0 then

try a new name

end if

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:59 AM
  • i have implemented a rule that checks for unique emailadresses, its done in the flow code.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:28 PM